Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to Mom!

I had a great 29th birthday last week! When I was pregnant last summer with Cooper, people kept saying, "Oh, maybe she'll come on your birthday!" And I would say, "No, I think I want to keep that day for myself!" :) She did decide to wait a week, and we are very excited about celebrating her on Wednesday and this weekend.

Randy and the girls spoiled me for my birthday! Last weekend, we went to Pearland for a family date at Lupe Tortilla, Barnes and Noble, the party store, and Starbucks. On Saturday before my birthday on Wednesday I came home from taking my principal's exam in Beaumont to this:

a present for each day of the week leading up to my birthday! Randy had not only kept both girls by himself Friday night and Saturday, but he also took them shopping and planned out a fun birthday week for me! I got to open a present on Saturday and then every day leading up to Wednesday. They were all little, thoughtful gifts, and my favorite was the last one: a book called "29 Reasons We Love You For Your 29th Birthday!" Randy sat down with Kendall and asked her why she loved me, why Cooper loved me, and put reasons in there from him, too! It is so precious. Some of my favorites are:

4. You love that I am Cinderella - Kendall

7. You pack my food for dinner - Kendall

10. Cooper loves her momma best in the world - Cooper (from Kendall)

11. You put us first - Daddy

13. You hold babies - Kendall

15. You make me feel special - Cooper (from Daddy)

19. You make cookies and pudding with me - Kendall

23. We go to Wal-Mart - Kendall

25. You feed me a lot - Cooper (from Daddy)

26. You teach us about Jesus - Daddy

I love my book so much!! And I'm so thankful for how Randy made me feel special on my birthday.

Kendall and Cooper - someday when you are big and you are looking for a husband, you need to find someone that treats you just like your daddy treats me! He makes me feel so special and loved and he does so much to help take care of both of you! Don't settle for anything less!

On Wednesday Randy watched the girls while I went to have lunch with Jan, we ate dinner at home, and then he surprised me again by having arranged a sitter so we could go get coffee and dessert at a new coffee shop in town! Fun! The girls were dressed so cute that day, so I tried to take their pictures...but you know how that goes....





Oh the faces...

Then, on Thursday night after my birthday, we had the Johnsons, Erskines, Sanders, and Mitterlings over for dinner, cake, and ice cream. We cooked roast (my favorite) and Randy and Kendall made a wonderful strawberry cake with strawberry icing. Randy decorated it with real strawberries on top and it was so pretty, but I never got a picture!

After dinner the kids were a little wound up, and I got some pictures of them playing Ring Around The Rosie. :)

I had a great long week of birthday celebrations! It for sure did not get lost in the shuffle of Cooper's birthday!! We have been working hard getting ready for that though and I can't wait to post pictures of her party this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You ate such a lucky girl!! I'm so grateful you have such a wonderful man. Great advice for your girls - my prayer, too!

    ReplyDelete