Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cooper's 1st Birthday Party...Decorations!

Saturday was Cooper's birthday party! We have had so much fun preparing for and planning for her party and we were excited for it to finally be here. I'm going to do several posts, because of course we took a ton of pictures! :)
Kiki got Cooper this super cute outfit a couple of months ago for her to wear when she turned one. I loved it so much and decided to plan the party theme around the colors in the outfit. It had bright blue and pink with some accents of green and zebra. So fun!
Here is the invite. Gigi took Cooper to have her pictures made for her birthday, so we used one of the pictures on the invitation. Randy made it - I was way impressed with how he was able to pull the cupcake off the shirt and add it to the frame.
We had so much fun making the decorations and setting up the house. I love reading different blogs and have been looking at Pinterest for awhile for ideas. I also love reading my friend Lindsay's blog and seeing all the cute parties her and her friends throw. Lots of my ideas came from her - thanks for your help Linds!




I made this bunting and these flowers - both were so easy and just made out of tissue paper, so super cheap!




We started a tradition with Kendall's birthdays of putting balloons above the bar in the kitchen. The girls love it and it adds lots of color!




I decided to start a tradition with Kendall where we get a children's book by the same author each year for the guests to sign at her birthday parties. We continued the tradition with Cooper, and decided on Eric Carle books for her.


This banner was a lot of fun to make! Erin helped me by cutting out the letters on her Cricut and mailing them to me. :) Thanks Nacho!




Ahhh!! The cake! We had a lady in town make it and she did such a great job! I gave her the outfit and the invitation and that was about all the direction I gave her. We loved what she came up with! And it tasted as good as it looked.








Bubble favors...I made labels for these and thought they turned out super cute!


Another first for me...water bottle labels. This was so easy and I loved how they turned out!


"C" wreath for the front door. Randy helped me with this and I loved it! Love the hot pink and zebra.


Outside...we put lots of baby pools, sprinklers, and slip-n-slides in the front yard for the kids to play in. I hung three more of the poms in front of the garage and we put the birthday sign out with more balloons. Isn't that the cutest little house?? I just love our house. :)

Wow....that's a lot of pictures. :) Check back soon for more pictures of the actual party!

1 comment:

  1. I kept meaning to check coopers blog for all your decor! It all turned out so great! You are a party pro. Happy first birthday Cooper! I can't believe you are 1 already. You will love being a young august birthday like me and your momma.

    ReplyDelete