Thursday, June 9, 2011

9 month checkup!

Cooper had her doctor's appointment yesterday! It was my first time to take both girls by myself (I usually schedule Cooper's appointments for Tuesdays or Thursdays when Kendall is in school) and they did so great! Kendall enjoyed talking to Dr. B and only interrupted a couple of times. :)




Cooper measured 26.5 inches long, which is in the 75th percentile and she weighed 18 lbs 8 oz which is only in the 50th percentile! She is long and skinny - very unlike her sister was at this age! Just for a comparison, Kendall was a quarter of an inch shorter and weighed 21 lbs at 9 mos!

I told Dr. B that we have been blaming things on teething for months now and we were so curious for him to look and see if her teeth were going to be coming through soon. He looked and said, "Not even close!" Ha! But he did say we could keep using it as an excuse for fussy behavior! Love it! :) He checked back and said that Kendall had four teeth by the time she was nine months, but that some babies don't get them until around a year, so Coop is totally normal.


Everything checked out great! He was impressed with how she is standing on her own and crawling so fast. She didn't have to have any shots today, but we do have to go have some blood work done soon. I decided to NOT go do that by myself with both girls...I'll wait for Randy on that one!


Dr. B said, "Isn't it wonderful to have two happy, healthy girls?" I said, "Absolutely! We are so thankful!!"

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for healthy babies! I don't ever take it for granted, Lord!!

    ReplyDelete